Friday, December 18, 2009

5th Week Using Mommy Meal Planner

This week I had to go to the tracking portion of the my pyramid website. I finished with clearing out the meal planner for a couple of weeks and thought I would take the next step and go to the tracker. You need to devote 10 minutes a day to this and do it after dinner. If you forget when you login you need to select the day that you are entering for before you go to food intake. Once you have entered your food you go to the analyze step and you select the my pyramid option and it will show you where you are lacking for the food groups. I felt comfortable with this since the prior three weeks in the meal planner I never went over my calorie intake. I see that I just need to switch to eating better foods. The main 2 things for me were the lack of veggies and meat in my diet. I found that is I followed my meal planner I barely got all my food groups in and had to eat veggies for snacks to fill that food group. In this process it has cut out all the junk. Next week is Christmas so I am going to skip all this and know that by default I will choose better food choices. For the new year I am adding my 2.5 year old and my husband and we will continue from there. Thanks for reading this and I am excited for the Meal Planner and the success it will have in your family just like it did in mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment