Saturday, December 12, 2009

Forth Week Using The Mommy Meal Planner

Here we are in week 4! This week I was so busy with getting ready for Christmas that I did not input my food intake. I found this actually to be a good thing in my progress. I was able to stick to my plan and keep track of all this myself without inputting into the computer. I found myself adding veggies to my meals without even thinking about it. I found myself preplanning my meals for the day and trying to get all my food groups in. I also used all the tips and ate the healthier snacks that I had in the house. Someone was telling me about a good recipe and I also found myself altering it to fit into my pyramid that we have created. When I did have time to sit down at the end of the week, I pulled up my week before since it was very similar. I pulled the reports on the days and I found that I continue not to meet my veggies. My Pyramid gave this list of helpful hints that I will use next week.

Snack on celery sticks in the afternoon.
Add a green vegetable like broccoli or bok choy to dinner.
Stock up on frozen vegetables for quick and easy side dishes.
Try a main dish salad for lunch. Go easy on the dressing and toppings!
Buy pre-washed bags of salad greens, baby carrots or grape tomatoes.
Keep a bowl of cut-up veggies in a see-through container in the refrigerator.
Grill vegetable kebobs as part of a barbecue meal. Try tomatoes, mushrooms, green peppers, and onions.
Include a salad with dinner.
Include cooked dry beans or peas in mixed dishes such as chili or minestrone soup.
I will apply these next week and make it a part of my pyramid to hold me accountable. The week after that I plan to add my husband and my 2.5 year old to my plan and expand this to the entire family.

No comments:

Post a Comment