Friday, December 4, 2009

Third Week Using Mommy Meal Planner

Wow! I am so glad that I set these small weekly goals for myself and I am really seeing and feeling the difference and so is my family. I had never thought about food groups as much as I do now. This week I made the veggie chili and the shrimp and orzo dish on Monday. I ate these through the week as my meals. Both were great and my husband loved them both as well. This week I also had the turkey sandwiches with TURKEY BACON. I thought I would never do or like this item and I love it. This week I used the menu planner option on the website. This is allowing me to see how many of each food group I am eating. It has helped me with adding additional meats and veggies to my meals and snacks through the day. I see that my extra calorie intake is too high each day. Next week, I am going to look at my menu planner this week and make a menu for the next week and stick to it. I feel that this will help with my extra calories as well. I already see a difference in my mind set when it comes to eating. Just this morning I had to choose between fruit and a cookie. The old me cookie all the way! The new me ~ 1/2 cup of fruit, that I put on my planner right when I got home with a smile. I had no idea that this was going to feel so good and be so fun. This is a daily exercise that I am building a new pattern for my eating patterns. I will reach out to Ellen this week so we can discuss the high calories before I create me meal plan for the next week. Thanks~

No comments:

Post a Comment